Every device has a Vendor and Device id associated with it. If you can find this ID, you can find the manufacturer. In Windows it's easy to find the vendor and device id.
- Open Device Manager (Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager)
- The hardware whose drivers are missing will appear as Unknown device, so it's easier to locate the device.
- Right click on the unknown device and click on Properties.
- Under the Properties window click on Details tab and select Device Instance Id from the drop down box.
- You should see a code similar to this PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27DC&SUBSYS_30868086
- The portion of the code highlighted in RED is the Vendor ID and the portion highlighted in GREEN is the Device ID. In this example: Vendor ID = 8086
Device ID = 27DC
- Once you have obtained both the IDs, proceed to PCI Database.( http://www.pcidatabase.com/) There you can either search for the vendor from the vendor ID or directly get information about the device along with the vendor name by searching with the device ID.